Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Thanksgiving Baking Project! :)

 This is a works of life post, a non-poetic one.

I love to bake and my contribution for thanksgiving this year was cookies. :)
I made 2 different types of cookies except I do not HAVE a sweet tooth at all. I never liked sweets as a kid and really don't even now as an adult. I will eat like 5-6 mini reese's peanut butter cups or a small candy of some sort every once in a great while, meaning maybe every 4-6 months. I am very conscious about my teeth and brush them roughly 5 times a day. I have never had a cavity and I do not want to get one. I did not even eat a sample of either cookie.

I love the smell of the baking cookies; it gives a very homey and holiday smell to my senses. I have always loved to cook and bake since I was a kid; it is one of my favorite hobbies. 

These dark ones are called Double Chocolate Chunk Mint Cookies; they have unsweetened cocoa powder, 6 oz (6 squares) of semi-sweet baking chocolate, and a little peppermint extract. They look burnt, but it's just the chocolate in them. :)












These ones are Soft Snickerdoodle cookies. I found a recipe that does not use any shortening in the dough.
Before they are baked, these cookies are dipped and rolled in a sugar-cinnamon coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment